Language Programs Abroad in Foreign Language Schools
In many countries world wide foreign language study is in Foreign Language Immersion Schools. Schools are usually privately run with a dedicated staff that provides very intensive language instruction in small classes. In addition to language lessons / language training, the teachers are extremely knowledgeable about the contemporary culture and history of their country and of their region. They offer a complete language learning experience. All teachers are college graduates.
FLSAS’ Language Programs Abroad specialize in programs that offer flexible schedules for independent / unaccompanied / individual students as well as for small groups.
FLSAS prefers to work with independently run, owner operated, private schools that are not part of a large chain. We prefer to work with schools that have on-site Directors who can resolve problems immediately, and not have to consult with someone in another city or another country. Locally managed schools more accurately reflect the character and culture of the region.
Language Programs Abroad Options:
Small Classes or Private Tutoring
Request our Foreign Language Study Fact Sheets for each School
- While primarily for adults, these programs are open to all students 18 and over. A few schools accept students at 16. Younger students are accepted in some cases if accompanied by a parent, older sibling or legal guardian.
- No age group will be out of place. Seniors are always welcome.
Countries / Languages: Available in many countries.
- HomeStays: We prefer to place students in homestays, in the home of a native speaker. Living in the home of a native speaker is the best choice for learning a foreign language. It is the only way to get used to hearing everyday conversations about everyday situations.
- Other arrangements can be made: residence halls in some cases, student apartments, etc. Options depend on country and program. Every country has its way of doing things.
- You can make your own living arrangements.
All programs have been chosen for quality:
- of language instruction and materials,
- of cultural activities & excursions,
- of the administrative staff,
- of living accommodations,
- and for the variety of sports and other leisure/social activities.