Go Local Internationally (Executives & Professionals)
You must go into this program looking to appreciate the differences, not looking for things to be the way they are at home.
So many times when people return from their travels they are happiest recalling the people they have met; the locals they have met by chance and the activities they shared with those whom they met. Go Local Internationally (GLI) is for those who want to meet and get to know people along the way. It is for those who want to know they want to meet people and not leave it to chance.
GLI for Executives & Professionals will put you with people in the same business / profession as you are. The idea is to get to know people with similar businesses and professions in another culture. This is a cultural / social program. It is NOT a business program. It is not for making business contacts.
GLI is also about personalized itineraries. FLSAS can assist you in setting up personalized itineraries – around your interests with locals who share those interests.
GLI is based on the 100% Total Cultural Immersion Program. We think the program is more effective with homestays, but we can set up programs for those who prefer alternate lodging (hotels, apartments, aparthotels).
▪ Number of Participants at one time:
There is no limit but we prefer to work with individuals or small groups/clusters. Large groups can be broken down into smaller groups/clusters.
▪ Number of Participants per Homestay:
One or Two in the same homestay. It is possible to arrange for more participants with advance planning. Small groups/clusters can stay at more than one homestay or hotels with local ambience or other accommodation.
▪ Length of Stay:
One week minimum, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. or longer. You may spend one week in one location, one week in another location.
▪ Dates / Time of Year:
At your convenience throughout the year. Preferably Sunday to Sunday.
▪ Different Categories / Levels of Comfort::
Standard, Standard/Plus, Superior/Business, Luxury.
▪ Knowledge of English:
You can request a host who speaks English (or other native language).
▪ Countries / Locations:
Over 40 Countries Worldwide – many cities, regions. See Countries.
More Detailed Information
HomeStays: (see 100% Total Language Immersion)
Categories: Standard, Standard Plus, Luxury
Meal Options: Breakfast & Dinner, 3 Meals.
Private Bathrooms are available.
We can suggest hotels.
Selection of Hosts
We know that some people are apprehensive about living in the home of a complete stranger.”
- You may come and just do nothing but people watch and get involved with the local scene.
- You may come with your own itinerary and explore on your own.
- You make ask your local host to suggest what to see and how to do it.
- You may arrange for Activity Hours so your host can accompany you either with informal sightseeing or your own planned itinerary.
- OR you can arrange in advance for special activities.
Small Groups / Clusters:
- See Individuals above
- OR have a complete itinerary set up for the group/cluster. Itineraries would be from one “base.”
Your choice. Possible Activities.
Cultural Travel Immersion:
Live in the home of carefully selected hosts/families.
- A wonderful opportunity to get to know local people, customs, enjoy regional cooking, explore less traveled parts of a country, practice foreign language skills, ad infinitum.
- We created this program for Adults because many people are tired of seeing a foreign country from the windows of a tour bus, staying at impersonal hotels, eating in restaurants and not meeting local people.
- We also created it because many of our former language students wanted the opportunity to practice their foreign language skills, but did not always want to return to study; they need a break from formal instruction and the classroom situation.
- You are matched with hosts who share similar interests. You learn more about a country when you do things that interest you: sports, visit gardens, play golf, explore castles, go hiking, take cooking lessons, eat at places only locals know about, play golf, visit local museums, …..
There are 3 versions of the program.
See each one for further details.
- Adults, Teachers & Professors. Available in over 40 countries. You always get the country of choice. If there are different regions available, you will get a choice of regions. You will almost always get the region of choice. There is an Optional Activity / Excursions Program. You will be placed with someone who shares some of your interests. For those who have travelled previously and just want a homestay with hosts who share their interests. Especially good for foreign language teachers and professors who want to practice the language outside the classroom, history, art, etc. professionals who want to explore on their own. Private Bathrooms are available. English speaking hosts are available on request.
- Adults, including Seniors. Available in over 40 countries. You always get the country of choice. If there are different regions available, you will get a choice of regions. You will almost always get the region of choice. There is an Optional Activity / Excursions Program. This is for the more sophisticated traveller who may be new to the Cultural Immersion Experience, or for those who like to have someone to accompany them when exploring. You will be placed with someone who shares some of your interests. Many interesting special Cultural Activities may be arranged in advance. You do not have to arrange all Cultural Activities in advance, just some of them. Not all special Cultural Activities are available in all regions. Especially good for those are more apprehensive about doing things on their own. Private Bathrooms are available. English speaking hosts are available on request.
- Stay with carefully selected host families who have children of the same age of the student. Share the daily life of the host family. Activities and local excursions. Offered in a limited number of countries. Depending upon the program selected, students may be required to speak the language of the selected country. Students are guaranteed the country of choice but not the region of choice. Students must be able to adjust to cultural differences.