Exec-Immersion A is the same “True” 100% Total Language Immersion® Program (below) for the Standard and the Standard Plus Category but for the Business Category and the Luxury / 5-Star Category. There is an Activity Plan that will be designed around your special requirements. It will make sure you will have maximum interaction with Native Speakers.
You live in the home of your host, a well educated native speaker. You have your meals with your host. Your teacher is either your host or comes to the home and gives you lessons. You are totally surrounded by the language you are learning; you are isolated from hearing your own native language. In the Business Category and the Luxury Category you will have industry profession appropriate vocabulary and activities / authentic situations. It is a cultural experience as well. You also get out and practice the language in everyday activities / authentic situations.. A method that is very popular in Europe. Very effective. Even if you have only a few days or one week, you will notice the improvement.
▪ Number of Participants per Homestay:
One or Two in the same homestay. It is possible to arrange for more participants, but it might not be as effective linguistically.
▪ Length of Stay:
From super-intensive “weekends” to as long as you need (one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc.).
▪ Dates / Time of Year:
At your convenience throughout the year. Preferably Sunday to Sunday.
▪ Number of Lessons:
Minimum 10 lessons. Up to 40 lessons per week.
▪ Different Categories / Levels of Comfort::
Standard, Standard/Plus, Superior/Business, Luxury.
▪ Proficiency Levels:
From Absolute Beginner to Near Native Speaker.
▪ Special Vocabularies:
Available – Superior/Business, Luxury
▪ Countries / Locations:
Over 40 Countries Worldwide – many cities, regions. See Countries (above)
More Detailed Description.
- It is an excellent program that provides executives and professionals with the opportunity to improve language skills in a limited period of time. Even if you have only one week, you will notice an improvement. The longer you stay, the more you will accomplish. It is very successful in Europe where the knowledge of foreign languages is essential.
- For those who are apprehensive about “living with strangers…” We work with very carefully selected hosts and teachers. We do not work with hosts that commercially “rent rooms” to tourists. In each region, there are Regional / Local Organizers who have personally visited all the homes / hosts. There is a 24/7 Emergency Service while you are in the homestay.
- You will live in the home of a host teacher, who is well educated. All those with whom you come in contact speak to you only in the language you are learning. You will hear only that language at all times. You are prohibited from speaking your own native language (except in an emergency). It is extremely effective. You are not restricted to the host’s home. You are encouraged to get out and use the community as your classroom; to interact with local people as much as possible.
- We ask you to provide us with background information. We match you with host teachers with some similar interests. The more you have in common with the host teacher, the more interesting the lessons and the conversations, and the more productive and enjoyable you will find language learning.
- Both Business / Superior Categories will, when requested, incorporate industry specific and profession specific vocabulary and authentic experiences / situations.
- In order to properly learn a foreign language you have to hear it and listen to it and use it in natural settings while you participate in everyday activities. You need to “Live it to Learn It.”® Developing a vocabulary and using it in everyday conversations (no matter how basic) from the beginning is essential.
- Conversations about the latest “news,” sports, history, art, politics, etc. – in other words traditional classroom type discussions – are easy. The hard part of foreign language learning is trying to both understand and participate in the “he said,” “she said,” “if,” daily life type conversations. Social conversations – no matter how basic – are the most difficult. The 100% Total Language Immersion® program gives you the opportunity to participate in these mundane, but linguistically important, conversations.
- All host teachers in 100% Total Language Immersion® program are native speakers and college graduates. All are qualified, linguistically and culturally, to teach executives and professionals. Host teachers have a wide variety of interests and bring different experiences into the language learning experience.
- No one can guarantee miracles, however, even after one week, you will notice an improvement. In answer to those who say that “studying for only one week is a waste of time,” we say that in one week you will learn much more than if you do not study at all… and you can always do it again… and again.