Exec-Immersion “B” is the same as Exec-Immersion “A” except that the participant chooses to stay in alternate lodging – hotel, apt. It is also the “Almost” 100% Total Language Immersion® for Business and Luxury Categories.
- Exec-Immersion “B” is for those who like almost everything about Exec-Immersion “A,” 100% Total Language Immersion® concept, but who are really really apprehensive about “living with strangers…” or who are accompanying others with different plans or objectives.
- You will have the same program – 100% Total Language Immersion® – but you will arrange and pay for your own lodging or we can arrange it for you in a hotel, apartment, etc. You go to the home of a teacher every day, have lessons, have meals, have cultural interaction, but go to your lodging in the evening.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx•The cost will be the same as the Exec-Immersion “A.” The reason that the cost is the same is that scheduling is more difficult for “B.”
▪ Number of Participants:
One or Two in the same program. It is possible to arrange for more participants, but it might not be as effective linguistically.
▪ Length of Stay:
From super-intensive “weekends” to as long as you need (one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc.).
▪ Dates / Time of Year:
At your convenience throughout the year. Preferably Sunday to Sunday.
▪ Number of Lessons:
Minimum 10 lessons. Up to 40 lessons per week.
▪ Different Categories / Levels of Comfort::
▪ Proficiency Levels:
From Absolute Beginner to Near Native Speaker.
▪ Special Vocabularies:
Available – Superior/Business, Luxury
▪ Countries / Locations:
Over 40 Countries Worldwide – many cities, regions. See Countries (above)
More Detailed Description.
- It is an excellent program that provides executives and professionals with the opportunity to improve language skills in a limited period of time. Even if you have only one week, you will notice an improvement. The longer you stay, the more you will accomplish. It is very successful in Europe where the knowledge of foreign languages is essential.
- In the morning, you go to host teacher’s home. You spend time in the home of a host teacher, who is well educated. All those with whom you come in contact speak to you only in the language you are learning. You will hear only that language at all times. You are prohibited from speaking your own native language (except in an emergency). It is extremely effective. You are not restricted to the home of the host; you are encouraged to get out and use the community as your classroom; to interact with local people as much as possible.
- We ask you to provide us with background information. We match you with host teachers with some similar interests. The more you have in common with the host teacher, the more interesting the lessons and the conversations, and the more productive and enjoyable you will find language learning.
- Both Business / Superior Categories will, when requested, incorporate industry specific and profession specific vocabulary and authentic experiences / situations.
- In order to properly learn a foreign language you have to hear it and listen to it and use it in natural settings while you participate in everyday activities. You need to “live it to learn it.”® Developing a vocabulary and using it in everyday conversations (no matter how basic) from the beginning is essential.
- Conversations about the latest “news,” sports, history, art, politics, etc. – in other words traditional classroom type discussions – are easy. The hard part of foreign language learning is trying to both understand and participate in the “he said,” “she said,” “if,” daily life type conversations. Social conversations – no matter how basic – are the most difficult. In the “Almost” 100% Total Language Immersion® program you will not have as much opportunity to participate in these mundane, but linguistically important, conversations.
- All host teachers in 100% Total Language Immersion® program are native speakers and college graduates. All are qualified, linguistically and culturally, to teach executives and professionals. Host teachers have a wide variety of interests and bring different experiences into the language learning experience.
- No one can guarantee miracles, however, even after one week, you will notice an improvement. In answer to those who say that “studying for only one week is a waste of time,” we say that in one week you will learn much more than if you do not study at all… and you can always do it again… and again.