Teen Summer Study Abroad
Teen Language Study Abroad
Middle School & High School
& Pre-Teens (including Children)
(6 to 19 years)
FLSAS Teen Summer Study Abroad for Middle School & High School students focuses on foreign language immersion programs that emphasize language learning as opposed to travel and sports programs. The most important thing is for students to make maximum use of limited time in a foreign country to improve their foreign language proficiency, especially conversation skills. See Options Below.
Teen Summer Study Abroad Programs are for the student who:
wants to advance in the language or improve skills for special Exams – AB, IB, SAT;
needs to improve language skills and may pick up the language more quickly in an immersion program in a foreign country with a good teacher than he / she can in a classroom in the U.S.;
has problems learning a foreign language in the traditional classroom situation;
wants to start a language not offered in his/her school;
wants to experience another culture;
Teen Summer Study Abroad Programs for Middle School & High School
Academic Year Abroad (Middle School & High School), excellent for a Gap Year
High School Exchange Programs
Semester / Partial Semester Programs (Middle School & High School)
Many programs available throughout the academic year
Preparation for AP SAT IB Exams
Programs for Children
Sports & …….
Parents / GrandParents with Children
100% Total Language Immersion
All Teen Summer Study Abroad Programs for Middle & High School students have been chosen for quality:
of language instruction and materials,
of cultural activities & excursions,
of the administrative staff,
of living accommodations,
and for the variety of sports and other leisure/social activities.
The following applies to most programs (each program is a bit different):
- Students may go alone (independently) or as part of a small group. Friends may attend together.
- All Levels are Accepted: Absolute Beginner to Native Speaker. (Native Speakers frequently need to improve grammar skills and conversation skills).
- It is not about what you already know, but about what you want to learn.
- These programs are either HomeStays or Residence Halls. Emphasis is on HomeStays.
- All language learning programs are very intensive. The lessons include grammar, conversation, reading and writing skills. Emphasis is usually on conversation.
- All programs have a very complete Cultural / Leisure / Sports Program. The program is a combination of Excursions, Special Events, and Cultural Activities, both on-site and in the area.
- All activities, social and cultural, are geared to specific age groups.
- Excellent Supervision.
- Programs in “the Americas” have students primarily from the U.S. In other countries, there is a very international student body.
Selection of Hosts/Families:
We know that many people may be apprehensive about sending their child to live in the
home of a “complete stranger.”
FLSAS Teen Summer Study Abroad opportunities include:
COUNTRIES* (not all Countries are always available; some Countries require advance notice)
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Quebec City, Russia, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States, Venezuela, Wales … & More to be Added
LANGUAGES* (not all Languages are always available; some Languages require advance notice)
Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Denmark, Dutch, English, Finnish, Flemish, French, Gaelic (Irish), Gallego, Georgian, German, Greek (Modern), Guarani, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Mayan, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Quechua, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish … & More to be Added